Subject: Re: serial line speeds...
To: None <dillema@huygens.org>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@idea.exnet.iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1997 17:35:14
>Somewhere in the include files I found 230400 Bps as a standard terminal
>speed, it is however not accepted by stty or pppd. I noticed that the speed
>in termios.h is represented with an unsigned int value. Does this mean max.
>serial speed is 65565 Bps???

You're thinking of a 'short' type (16-bit). An 'int' is a 32-bit value.

And the limit of u_short is 65535, btw. :)

As for speeds > 115.2k, do such animals exist in the RS-232 world?
I know there's RS-422 (twisted-pair) or whatever its called ..

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack
Systems Administrator, Information Development -- Expanding Awareness (IDEA)