Subject: serial line speeds...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1997 16:31:48
Somewhere in the include files I found 230400 Bps as a standard terminal
speed, it is however not accepted by stty or pppd. I noticed that the speed
in termios.h is represented with an unsigned int value. Does this mean max.
serial speed is 65565 Bps??? If so, I find it a bit strange that 115200 Bps
is accepted just fine, while 230400 is not... I'm just being curious here.
Could somebody enlighted me on this topic? I may be a bit naive on these
things... Would it be a lot of work (and/or generate a lot of problems) to
switch from integer to long to support the fast serial lines (thinking of
ISDN-modems attached to serial ports here and such).

{ Feico Dillema,                                                        }
{ University of Twente, P.O. Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands }
{ Install NetBSD as first step in your MS-ware 12-step recovery program }