Subject: Re: PCI mode probe [was Re: INSTALL kernel support]
To: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1997 12:30:07
Excerpts from netbsd: 11-Dec-97 Re: PCI mode probe [was Re:.. Greg
Earle@isolar.Tujung (3799)

> pci_mode_detect: mode 1 enable failed

another broken PCI config address register...
I was always assuming that the (old) Triton which
Connectix claims to emulate is OK in this respect...

> it also doesn't find the 2
> serial ports (com0 and com1)!!!

The kernel was not an INSTALL but a custom kernel from
a development machine, with no serial ports configured.

> Next idea, Matthias?

I'm just putting up a new floppy image to
zelof1.zel.kfa-juelich.de:/pub/NetBSD/netbsd-pcitest.fd.gz.
It has a quirk table entry (great idea, Jonathan!) for
the Triton too, and it is a GENERIC kernel this time.
(from my development tree, with local modifications,
so don't be confused by strange printouts)

best regards
Matthias