Subject: Re: procmail pkg?
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1997 18:12:28
Brad Salai wrote:

> > On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Brad Salai wrote:
> >
> > > I'd be glad to do that, and suspect that many others would also. How about a package
> > > How-To? Although I've looked at packages, I would spend a _lot_ of time trying to
> > > figure out just what is needed, and how it all goes together.
> >
> > 1st: There IS a document describing the creation of packages. It's in the
> > documentation-section of the NetBSD-page.
> >
> > 2nd: An updated version is worked upon. It shouldn't take very much
> > longer...
> >
> That looks helpful, I'll give it a try.
>
> Is there a reason why a bunch of packages were removed? at least some of
> them worked, and the others were being worked on.

I think they hadn't been tested yet, but I could be wrong.

> Could untested packages be put in -current until they are working, and
> then moved? I think it would be easier to modify a FreeBSD package than
>make one from scratch.

The package tree is separate from the code tree, so it's not on the
release track, to the best of my knowledge (i.e., there is no -current
package source, only _the_ package source).

I hope this is correct ;-), and, if so, clears things up a bit.

Later.