Subject: GCC problem
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David M. Stanhope DMS <dms@bsdpc.celtech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1997 15:10:02
We have recently started using netbsd 1.3Beta and have found a problem
with C++. The problem did not exist in 1.1 or 1.2. Here is a very simple
example of the program:

#include <iostream.h>
main()
{
    cout << hex << 1234 << endl;
}

The output:

{pent2:~}133: g++ -o test1 test1.C
/var/tmp/cc29957a1.o: Undefined symbol `_hex__FR3ios' referenced from text
segment

Again this used to work. The hex function was in libg++ in previous versions
but it now seems to be defined as an inline in iostream.h but this doesn't
appear to work.  Anyone have any ideas, what am I doing wrong, its hard to
beleive something so simple is broken, so it must be me?

                             Dave Stanhope
                             dms@celtech.com