Subject: Re: Accellerated-X and NetBSD?
To: None <arne@huygens.org, arne@acm.org>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1997 16:19:22
> Anyone with experience running Xi Graphics Accellerated-X servers
> on NetBSD(-current)?  Will it work using either the FreeBSD or
> Linux emulation modes?

I got the FreeBSD Xi Accelerated-X server running on my laptop after
installing the FreeBSD shared libraries and ld.so in /emul/freebsd.
I have the NeoMagic 2090 graphics chip in my laptop (a Dell PC).
The X server works fine as near as I can tell.

The only problems I have which this setup are unrelated to the Xi
server, and they are that with NetBSD's PS/2 current mouse device
driver the PS/2 probe routine takes forever to complete, and my
trackball works for exactly one session after boot-up.

- H=E5vard