Subject: Re: mount_cd9660: add ``notrans' option ?
To: None <dustin@spy.net>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 12/08/1997 16:28:45
Dustin Sallings wrote:
> > > I think "notrans" is a reasonable thing to do.
> >
> > "notrans" is already there.  It's called "-g" in our implementation.  I
> > tried to enhance the documentation a bit, but am not sure whether it's
> > worth a pullup request, as it is intended to only pullup critical changes at
> > this stage of the release.
>
> SYNOPSIS
>      mount_cd9660 [-egr] [-o options] special | node
>
> 	I believe they were referring to the ``options'' part in the above.
> I.e. the part you can put in fstab and amd maps so you don't have to manually
> mount the media every time.

No problem with using -g:
> grep cd0a /etc/fstab
/dev/cd0a /cdrom cd9660 ro,noauto,-g 0 0

IMHO implementing ``notrans'' as one of ``options'' can help readibility
of command line options; the same as ``noauto'' instead of, say, ``-l''.
Yes, it won't add anything new, just is more human-friendly ;-)

I mean this was considered by Jason when he voted for this option to be added.

jd
--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?