Subject: TMS34061
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/08/1997 01:15:55
Hi all,

I'm writing a device driver for a VME-bus graphics card.  The driver
essentially works right now, but I'd like to clean up the
initialization code a bit.

The graphics chip on the card is a Texas Instruments TMS34061.  The
information I have right now basically amounts to "write these magic
values to these magic hardware registers and you'll magically get a
video mode with these dimensions."  I'd really prefer to know what
that part of my code is doing, and be able to use mnemonic names for
the registers instead of magical hard-coded register offsets.

Does anyone have documentation on this chip?  I already scoured TI's
web site and came up with documentation on the 34010 and 34020, which
don't seem to use the same set of registers as this chip.  I couldn't
find anything at all about the 34061.  I assume the chip is no longer
manufactured.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could provide me with data sheets or
point me to somewhere that I can find this information.

Cheers,
entropy