Subject: Re: Bizzar XCompiling problem
To: None <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Nagae Hidetake <nagae@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1997 10:52:47
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
Subject: Bizzar XCompiling problem
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 13:38:36 -0800 (PST)

> I'm trying to get my X86 set up to xcompile to my mac.
>
> The only problem I'm running into involves libkern (at present). For some
> reason, the silly computer tries to make .o.o files out of some of the
> /sys/lib/libkern files.

   Hmm, I saw this problem on cross-compile.  In my case, I've typed
as below:

	% make MACHINE=powerpc MACHINE_ARCH=powerpc \
	CC=/usr/local/powerpc-elf-netbsd/bin/gcc

This is not enough to work.  I had to specify not only CC, but also
AS, LD, AR, and other programs in binutils.

   Good luck!
----
Nagae Hidetake  mailto:nagae@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp
                http://www.tk.airnet.ne.jp/nagae/
    Kyushu Institute of Technology, Fukuoka, Japan