Subject: sysinst question: how to mention the sh variable rc_configured?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/1997 20:18:28
hi all,

Since about Thursday, sysinst's ``install completed' message mentions
that you need to edit rc.conf and as a minimum, set `rc_configured'.

I put the variable name rc_configured in CAPS, both to emphasize it,
and as a half-baked quoting convention. (I don't want to bring in
latin-1 quoting issues.)  On reflection that was a dumb idea:
sh is case-sensitive.

The relevant string is in src/distrib/utils/sysinst/msg.mi.eng.
Which  do we collectively think is best, of

	set rc_configured ...
	set the variable rc_configured ..
	set RC_CONFIGURED   ...
	set `rc_configured' ...

or other options, if there's a better one. And should it be
	set rc_configured to YES
or
	set rc_confiugred=YES

Or does it not really matter?  (I'd quote both old and new lines
verbatim, each on a separate line, but there just isn't room given the
79x24 lowest-common-denominator...)