Subject: Re: case (in)sensitivity on CD9660 file system
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1997 12:06:05
In article <199712051534.QAA03080@saruman.ics.muni.cz> you write:
> Is Rock Ridge extension fully supported by NetBSD ? If yes, one
> explanation of my problem could be that GEAR doesn't use Rock Ridge
> or doesn't mark that CD is using it.  I tend to believe this, as
> permissions on files are strange too (x bit is set even on regular
> files). Linux failing to display contents of the CD is also supporting
> this idea.

It might be a Joliet CD.  In another example of strategic
incompatibility, Microsoft invented their own long filename extensions
for Lose95. It's called Joliet (as in, the prison), presumably since
that's where Gates belongs. :-)

Anyway, I don't think NetBSD supports Joliet. Anyone feeling ambitious? :-)