Subject: Re: case (in)sensitivity on CD9660 file system
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1997 15:43:46
Hello,

> when I mount CD as cd9660, names of all files get converted to lower case.
> Is it right behaviour, or it's kind of bug ? I've tried it mount
> on colleague's Linux and it's the same there.

This is done as a convenience to the user, as with U*X it's in general a
custom to have filenames in lower case.  If you really want to have the
names as stored on disk, try mounting the CD with option -g.  This will
not only leave the case of the name alone, but will also leave the version
number of the file attached, i.e. you'll get filenames like "XXX.YYY;1" and
similar, just as they are (required to be) recorded on the disk.

Hope it helps.

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--