Subject: Re: off-topic crap
To: William Coldwell <billc@warped.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/1997 18:25:31
On 12/4/97 at 7:12 AM -0800, you wrote:

> Can you all please stop spamming the netbsd lists with off-topic crap ABOUT
> SPAM?  Getting it is bad enough, having a long drawn-out pointless discussion
> about it, is just stupid and time-consuming.

It's a problem that will only go away when a solution is found. The
discussion irritates you? Good! It's supposed to! Respite won't be had
unless lots of people are irritated enough to insist on the implementation
of a solution. Nothing is going to happen if we tolerate spam, doing
nothing more than grumbling amongst ourselves once in a while.

Chicken #1, from feeder tray: "Hey, what's that raccoon doing down there?"
Chicken #2, beside bird #1:   "Shut up and keep eating your corn."

(I've kept chickens, so I know what they say when there's a raccoon around.)

Just my humble opinion. Levity aside, I believe a legislative solution is
the correct answer to this problem. If most spam originates in the US, then
the solution is a law in the US. If, after such a law is passed,
significant amounts of spam start coming from Germany, England, or
somewhere else, then it'll be the task of *thier* legislatures to stop the
spam originating in their regions. It's a shame that the Net must be
regulated in *any* way, but that's the price of offering it to the Joneses.
(No offense intended towards any Joneses reading this. Joneses on the
NetBSD-current mailing list aren't the Joneses to which I refer.)

Later...

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments