Subject: Re: how to indicate no console?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/26/1997 08:04:24
    Matthias> OK, seriously, it's a reasonable idea.
    Matthias> Perhaps the meaning of the console specification in the config file
    Matthias> should be changed to "use this if the bootloader's console does
    Matthias> not work", and try your fixed pccnattach() as last. The problem
    Matthias> is that the *cnattach() don't check much and don't return
    Matthias> error codes yet.
    Matthias> And I'm not sure if it is save to use DELAY() here.

  The other thing is that ttya (on a Sparc) may be the console, but
that doesn't mean that one doesn't with a keyboard/screen to be
probed. This is less frequently done on PCs, but I can see need for it
on point of sale, etc. systems.

]       ON HUMILITY: to err is human. To moo, bovine.           |  SSH IPsec  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |international[
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto[