Subject: Re: floppy controller tape devices?
To: Christopher R. Bowman <>
From: Paul Sijben <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1997 20:00:01
Christopher R. Bowman wrote:

>INFORMATION: I bought a Seagate Travan 4 internal SCSI tape drive
>from for $276.71.  This was a bare tape mechanism
>with no manual or driver.

I checked the site and they still offer that drive. BUT a quick calculation
lerned thet for the amount of data I want to backup at one time the 8GB of a
travan tape is overdone.

The calculation even showed that I can just as well buy a cd writer for the
kind of money I'd spend on the tape drive and just _two_ TR4 tapes.

Paul Sijben                 University of Twente, The Netherlands
tel.: 033-4557522
"You know you could find yourself charged with being a dominant species
while under the influence of impulse-driven consumerism, don't you?"
	            Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman - Good Omens