Subject: Re: Strange problem with Ultrastore 34F
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@cs.rmit.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1997 19:34:32
Dave Burgess writes:
> I can't tell if this is a driver problem, or a hardware problem.
>
> 1)  Things attached to the SCSI bus don't seem to always work correctly.
>
> 	a)  The tape drive has decided to not back up any files under a
> 	version of Amanda that has worked flawlessly for almost six
> 	months.  The error on the system log is one about "unable to get
> 	size".  It's almost like an ioctl went away during the
> 	ATAPI/SCSI combination.

something like:
	hostname      wd0e lev 1 FAILED [no backup size line]
?

chris badura (bad@netbsd.org) informed me that this was caused by the
output of dump(8) changing in mid september.

try the patch in
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/patches/amanda-pre-2.4.patch
or upgrade to amanda 2.4.0 (which isn't compatible with older clients
apparantly)

this has been highlighted in a `COMPATIBILITY ISSUES' section of the
release notes for NetBSD 1.3