Subject: Re: Strange problem with Ultrastore 34F
To: Dave Burgess <>
From: Luke Mewburn <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1997 19:34:32
Dave Burgess writes:
> I can't tell if this is a driver problem, or a hardware problem.
> 1)  Things attached to the SCSI bus don't seem to always work correctly.
> 	a)  The tape drive has decided to not back up any files under a
> 	version of Amanda that has worked flawlessly for almost six
> 	months.  The error on the system log is one about "unable to get
> 	size".  It's almost like an ioctl went away during the
> 	ATAPI/SCSI combination.

something like:
	hostname      wd0e lev 1 FAILED [no backup size line]

chris badura ( informed me that this was caused by the
output of dump(8) changing in mid september.

try the patch in
or upgrade to amanda 2.4.0 (which isn't compatible with older clients

this has been highlighted in a `COMPATIBILITY ISSUES' section of the
release notes for NetBSD 1.3