Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.3 release schedule
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/24/1997 17:14:26
I was wondering, how close are we coming along on this release schedule?
The NetBSD home page on the Web still shows a December 1 release date, but
on the ftp site I have not seen 1.3_BETA and -current has still been
changing daily.

At 11:19 pm 9/24/97 -0700, Jason Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.ORG> wrote:
>Folks,
>
>Here's a bit of information that I know you've all been waiting for
>a while.  I'll be finalizing some details in the coming days, and posting
>more info when it's ready, but here's the low-down:
>
>We will cut the release branch on October 20.  From that point, we will
>follow a 6 week release cycle.
>
>	Oct 20 - Nov 3:		NetBSD 1.3_ALPHA (2 weeks)
>
>		Portmasters will build a binary snapshot
>		the first week.  This period will be bug
>		fixes, documentation and install system
>		updates, and last-minute changes.
>
>	Nov 3 - Nov 24:		NetBSD 1.3_BETA (3 weeks)
>
>		Portmasters will build a binary snapshot
>		the first week.  Bug fixes and documentation
>		updates only.
>
>	Nov 24:			NetBSD 1.3 is tagged and FROZEN!
>
>		NO MORE CHANGES TO THE netbsd-1-3 BRANCH AFTER
>		THIS DATE!
>
>		Portmasters use this week to build the final
>		release.
>
>	December 1:		RELEASE
>
>		NetBSD 1.3 is released to the world!

Trevin Beattie          "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
trevin@xmission.com     for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
      {:->                                     --unknown