Subject: Re: floppy controller tape devices?
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/1997 11:58:32
In message <659nse$2ai$>, Matthias Scheler writes:
>But no matter what nice nicknames or attributes someone finds for me it
>won't convince me that these floppy tape streamers are of any use. And
>I doubt that supporting them is of any importance for NetBSD.

I would like to put a voice on the "this would be useful" side.  I have
one of these, because it cost $80 and my DAT drive cost $1200.  I would
like to be able to use this drive with some form of Unix, because,
slow though it may be, it is a kind of media I can't otherwise support.

I don't care if it's stupid, it's better than no tape, and cheaper
than SCSI.