Subject: Re: floppy controller tape devices?
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/1997 19:18:01
On Sun, Nov 23, 1997 at 05:07:26PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> 	Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> writes:
> >> The overall opinion of the NetBSD community, outside of it, is one of user
> >> hostility and arrogance.
> >
> > Fortunately, there are some NetBSD developers who are very helpful and
> > friendly. :-)
>
> Ok, it looks like I'm the unfriendly, arrogant ashole in this case:
>
> I help people, too. You remember who helped you with your UUCP and
> Sendmail configuration? And there lots of other NetBSD, Sendmail, UUCP,
> INN etc. installations and configurations created with my help.

I _absolutely_ did NOT think of you when typing that sentence.  I didn't
even check who wrote the comment about Colorado support (well, now I guess
it was you).  I'm sorry, I should have thought twice before posting that
article..

I have just got a similar response a long time ago when I asked for something
that some NetBSD developers didn't see as important as I did.

> But no matter what nice nicknames or attributes someone finds for me it
> won't convince me that these floppy tape streamers are of any use. And
> I doubt that supporting them is of any importance for NetBSD.

Well, I have two SCSI streamers and I believe that they are the right way
to go, but I also understand that people want to use the hardware they
already have.  I even understand that people would like to buy cheap
hardware, even if it IS worse than the top quality things.

> I suggest that any futher flames will be sent to me directly.

Again, I apologize.  You misinterpreted my message.

  -jm