Subject: Re: Weird hang on pentium-133 running 1.3_ALPHA
To: Jason Thorpe <>
From: Paul Sijben <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/21/1997 10:36:06

>We could probably have it print messages to the console when pages get
>really scarce.

I am seing the same problem on my server machine (8Meg RAM, 32 MEG swap, yes
it's enabled).

I would really like a process (like a compile) to simply abort and release its
memory before the entire system is blocked. Any idea how I can produce such

Paul Sijben                 University of Twente, The Netherlands
tel.: 033-4557522
"You know you could find yourself charged with being a dominant species
while under the influence of impulse-driven consumerism, don't you?"
	            Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman - Good Omens