Subject: Re: Removing dm(1)
To: NetBSD-current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/1997 07:19:27
I never use dm personally, however.. If we are going to keep it, I think we
should configure any "game" packages we distribute to install themselves set up
under dm.  By this I mean via the new package system.  We would have to install
them with free permissions on the dm.conf stuff as far as time goes..

However.. In the current state of DM being suid games.. I'm definately not
comfortable with this idea. Also the problem occurs of where to put the game
binaries libs and scorefiles..  having dm be setgid and game binaries being
2755 bin:games makes alot of sense to me..

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.futureone.com
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html