Subject: Re: Removing dm(1)
To: Curt Sampson , Jon Ribbens <email@example.com>
From: Missing - presumed fed. <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 11/19/1997 06:05:53
Curt Sampson sez:
* There aren't a lot of 30-user VAX 11/780 systems out
* there these days that are getting bogged down by a dozen people
* playing rogue. (There aren't a lot of systems still out there that
* would even notice a dozen people playing rogue.)
There are probably not even a dozen people on any given system who
are INTERESTED in playing rogue. :-)
* So I'm going to propose that we simplify life and remove dm(8).
* Does anyone have any objections to this?
# On the 'Net: Why are more and more fourth-level wizard(-wannabe)s trying
# to invoke ninth-level magic instead of taking the time to climb the other
# (quite essential) thirteen or fourteen levels so they can do this properly?
# Don't they know their console will crumble into dust if they do that?