Subject: Re: Removing dm(1)
To: Curt Sampson , Jon Ribbens <>
From: Missing - presumed fed. <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1997 06:05:53
Curt Sampson sez:
 *  There aren't a lot of 30-user VAX 11/780 systems out
 * there these days that are getting bogged down by a dozen people
 * playing rogue. (There aren't a lot of systems still out there that
 * would even notice a dozen people playing rogue.)

There are probably not even a dozen people on any given system who
are INTERESTED in playing rogue. :-)

 * So I'm going to propose that we simplify life and remove dm(8).
 * Does anyone have any objections to this?

# On the 'Net:  Why are more and more fourth-level wizard(-wannabe)s trying
# to invoke ninth-level magic instead of taking the time to climb the other
# (quite essential) thirteen or fourteen levels so they can do this properly?
# Don't they know their console will crumble into dust if they do that?