Subject: Re: "halt" as option on i386 install floppy (sysinst)
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rrzc1.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1997 06:11:50
On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 18:45:49 +0100  Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just trying the latest i386 install-floppy (1.44MB), and sysinstall seems
> to be way cool (I didn't come too far - don't want to nuke my harddisk .).
> There is only one small think i'd like to have:
>
> When the initial menu is presented - sysinst, upgrade, install, shell - could
> someone please add a entry "halt" here? Would be nice to have at that point,
> plus it would be consistent with "boot -a"'s behaviour of accepting halt
> everywhere.

"halt" is an option in the utility menu.  Maybe for consistancy either
it should be brought into the initial menu, or "reboot" placed in the
utility menu.  Realistically, you probably don't need to reboot from
sysinst - after you've installed the system, you still need to edit
rc.conf and possibly other files anyway.  Phil?

Simon.