Subject: PAP connection to NT RAS
To: Current-users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1997 19:10:52
Looking for tips on getting NetBSD connected to a dial-up NT-RAS Server.

I've been connecting to my ISP for some time using PAP on my NetBSD
systems (Mac and i386). Now I'd like to try connecting to my employer's
network, but it uses an NT-RAS Server. I've got an account and have it
running from my MacOS system, so I know it's possible and I know that the
passwords are being passed as plain text.  However, when I transfer the
parameters to my NetBSD system I get the error "PAP authorization
failed".  I've enabled the debug levels in PPPD and from what I can tell
it's failing with "bad fcs" errors, but I'm not sure why.  I've tried
disabling all the compression options in PPPD with no change.

So, does anyone have a FAQ, URL, tip or whatever to get me on the right
track here?

Thanks,
-bob