Subject: Re: HELP ON 1.3 BOOT (fwd)
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1997 16:39:44
> I don't know. Surely you're not going to propose putting the MD
> mac install program into the MI 68k tarfiles, are you?

Of course not.  The long term plan has been for a native NetBSD install
on mac68k.  It just hasn't happened yet.  With the near-availability of
HFS and AppleTalk tools, it's actually getting to be feasible to do
this.  Once that's done, we should be able to have the user partition
the disk from MacOS, and then boot an install/ramdisk kernel and run
sysinst like everyone else.

In the meantime, we have a MacOS-based tool that basically just unpacks
the tarballs, generates /etc/disktab, and does the equivalent of a MAKEDEV.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com