Subject: Re: HELP ON 1.3 BOOT (fwd)
To: Bill Studenmund <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1997 12:00:23
On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> Just as a refresher, this question came up on the mac68k list. We do not,
> at present, use a NetBSD install program.
> How will such a program get on the computer, if it's not in the tar files?

I don't know. Surely you're not going to propose putting the MD
mac install program into the MI 68k tarfiles, are you?

> The standard mac68k instalation procedure is to use the installer utility
> to untar the distribution onto the new root filesystem, boot the computer
> to single-user, and then configure things away.

Maybe you need to create a separate tarfile in the distribution
that has the MAC-specific install utilities on it. Or just put
enough information in the INSTALL readme file so that folks know
how to do the install.

Curt Sampson	   Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates