Subject: LKM that uses DMA under NetBSD-current x86
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Cameron Elliott <cam@elliott.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/1997 23:52:01
I have a Loadable Kernal Module that worked under NetBSD 1.1
and NetBSD 1.2 that performs ISA DMA.
The primary calls to the kernal that the LKM makes
are:
  isa_intr_establish()
  isa_intr_disestablish()
  isa_dmastart(), isa_dma*()

My problem is this, the isa_dmastart(), and other isa_dma*() routines
now require a pointer to a 'device *', really a 'isa_softc *'.
I am not sure how to create this data for the device driver,
and also, I need to know how to uninstall or clean up this data
structure
if the LKM is removed.

(It looks like I may be able to use config_found_sm() to create the data
structures for the kernal, but I can't see how to clean up to remove
the device from the system)

Thanks
Cameron Elliott

--