Subject: Re: Pentium Bug may cause system crash
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@herd.plethora.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/1997 13:50:13
All of the speculation on various pentium (and other processor) bugs
and possible solutions are way off-topic for this group.  There's GOT
to be something more interesting to talk about or more interesting bugs
to fix and submit as PRs...  ;-)

There is a bug.  I believe that mycroft has committed a fix for it
that's similar to the Linux fix which apparently was similar to the
BSDI fix.  I didn't notice if those fixes have been pulled into 1.3,
but I assume that's the intention.

> It leads me to believe that BSDI is under an NDA with Intel.

This is, of course, the obvious deduction.  ;-)

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com