Subject: Re: Pentium Bug may cause system crash
To: David Jones <dej@inode.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/1997 19:05:37
On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, David Jones wrote:
> To add more fuel to the fire: a co-worker told me about this today:
>
> Tell your 68040-based machine to
>
>     unlk a7
>
> and it will never speak to you again (at least until power-cycle).  I tried
> it on my HP425T.  Locked solid.

Heh, cool... it works on my NetBSD/mac68k machine too (Centris 660av... an
040 machine). Kinda interesting that nobody seems to care about this bug,
but everyone wants a fix for the Pentium bug (which does affects my
Pentium).
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++