Subject: Re: silo overflows, was fifo overruns
To: Brad Salai <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: [This is my bacque pas, this is my faux pas] <email@example.com>
Date: 11/11/1997 18:58:39
Ah, yes, but what kind of serial I/O did it have? Certainly not the
zs8530 which, while supporting two serial ports, only has a two-and-a-
half byte Hardware FIFO for each port (two bytes of FIFO and a third
to hold the one that's coming in).
Brad Salai sez:
* At 11:43 AM -0800 11/11/97, "Erik E. Fair" (Time Keeper) wrote:
* >The IPX and SS2 are the fastest stock sun4c systems (40 MHz). If it's still
* >unusable at 38400, we still have a ways to go.
* > Erik <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* This is bound to sound like a whine, but is not, just a little frustration.
* I switched from a 16MHz MacII 68020 which had no trouble with 38400 or
* higher, to a Sparc, to get more speed.
* Ah well....
* Stephen B. Salai Phone (716) 325-5553
* Cumpston & Shaw Fax (716) 262-3906
* Two State Street email email@example.com
* Rochester, NY 14614
Microshaft: Where do you want to crash today?