Subject: Re: PERL and NetBSD 1.3_ALPHA
To: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/1997 14:02:06
> On Tue, 11 Nov 97 09:38:14 -0800  "Chris G. Demetriou" wrote:
>
> > So, I thought about this for a second and said "gee, if one of these
> > changes to libm was screwed up, I suppose others could be too."  Then,
> > "I wonder how many files were 'cleaned' to fix up warnings?"
>
> So, I thought about this for a second and said "gee, I guess I'll read
> the diffs from 1.2.1".
>
> <pause for reading diffs>
>
> There was compiler pacification in only two other files that I can
> see, e_cosh.c and e_sinh.c, and the diffs there look fine.

I did the same thing (but didn't cc myself on the mail I sent, and
wanted to reply to it rather than the message that it replied to, so
got to wait for netbsd.org to get it back to me... 8-).

That was the only significant diff to code there.  There were a few
other variable initializations (which probably should have been marked
"XXX gcc" or something), and lots of rcsid fixups...

We've found two problems so far (one in libkvm on the alpha, and this
one in libm).  I wouldn't doubt that there are a couple more waiting
to crop up...

cgd