Subject: Minor nit with the wt0 (Wangtek Tape) driver.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/1997 10:23:53
I'm not even sure this is worth mentioning, since I seem to be about the
only person on the planet that this pertains to.

The GENERIC config files leave the wt0 driver at 300h.  While this is an
adequate option for most of the newer wt driver interfaces, the older
QIC-02 boards can't be set to this address.  To save trouble with the
driver, would it be possible to move the default address to 308h, 328h,
or 288h.  These are all available on all of the interfaces, and takes
them out of the 'high rent' probe zone.  Most of the QIC-02 cards I've
seen come set for 308h.

I can 'PR this if it's worth the time....  Surprisingly, I don't think
this is critical enough to warrant a special release or anything. :-)

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom