Subject: perl-package: Faulty test
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/1997 06:10:53
Hello...

I am running NetBSD-current on an Amiga 4000/40. Perhaps this information
helps to find the problem (?).

I made the perl5-package from the package-system and installed it. Both
went quite well, but "make test" was mentioned. Because I prefer to know
that errors in results are caused by my program and not by the system
itself, I ran the tests.

The tests for lib/gdbm and lib/odbm were skipped for my platform, but
lib/complex reported errors. Running the test by itself showed three
problems:

1)  cot(acot(z)) reported 1 for z=1.2. 1.2 would be correct.
2)  tan(atan(z)) reported 1.095032... for z=1.2. 1.2 would be correct.
3)  another wrong calculation was reported, which included longer numbers,
    so I didn't copy it.

Because of the automatic skipping of lib/gdbm and lib/odbm I expect some
problems with the m68k-architecture. I didn't follow it closely, but IIRC
there was a architecture related discussion about libm. Could it be that
both problems are related?

I am interested in a solution more out of curiosity than real need. So any
delay of answers/solutions wouldn't bother me.

Bye, Bjoern

P.S.: I would be more interested in the release of the xsrc-tree for
      supping!

--
Bjoern Labitzke   | E-Mail: hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de
PGP-Key available | Use PGP! Or don't you use envelopes for your letters?