Subject: Re: supped allsrc this morning...
To: Kurt Schreiner <ks@bambam.ub.uni-mainz.de>
From: Jim Bernard <jbernard@tater.mines.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/1997 20:18:27
On 11 10, Kurt Schreiner wrote:

> ...done "make includes" and build and booted a new kernel.
> with "make build" all is well 'till:
>
> ===> libwrap
> cc -O  -Werror -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith  -DFACILITY=LOG_AUTHPRIV -DSEVERITY=LOG_INFO -DREAL_DAEMON_DIR=\"/usr/libexec\" -DHOSTS_ACCESS -DDAEMON_UMASK=022 -DRFC931_TIMEOUT=10 -DALWAYS_HOSTNAME -DSYS_ERRLIST_DEFINED -DHOSTS_ALLOW=\"/etc/hosts.allow\" -DHOSTS_DENY=\"/etc/hosts.deny\" -DPROCESS_OPTIONS -DNETGROUP -c hosts_access.c
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> hosts_access.c: In function `host_match':
> hosts_access.c:270: warning: implicit declaration of function `yp_get_default_domain'
> hosts_access.c:271: warning: implicit declaration of function `innetgr'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> is this some side-effect from NOT beginning with a fresh /usr/src tree?
> (just done "make build" in the same tree where another "make build" went
> flowlessly last friday)

  Nope.  This problem was reported in PR 4347 (where you'll find a fix) and
patched on the trunk shortly thereafter.  Along with the report was a request
to add -DNETGROUP to CFLAGS (now CPPFLAGS), which was also implemented on
the trunk.  Recently, the change to the Makefile was pulled up to the release
branch, activating the problem on that branch, but the fix to hosts_access.c
was not pulled up with it.  I hope someone will get to that sometime...