Subject: Re: PERL and NetBSD 1.3_ALPHA
To: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/1997 16:48:11
On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Mike Long wrote:

: >> Have anyone tried to build perl on NetBSD-1.3_ALPHA ?

[bug in libm that makes perl's complex test fail...]

: It's probable that the compiler used to build libm is much more
: important than the one used to build perl itself, since all of the
: transcendental functions live in libm.  If you still have all of the
: various compilers available, it would be helpful if you were to get
: the results of rebuilding libm with each one while linking with perl
: .o files produced by 1.3_ALPHA's compiler.
:
: Of course, all that's irrelevant if you're using the i387 assembly
: version of libm; are you?

Dunno how much this would help, but the same happens for me on
1.3_ALPHA/sparc.  So it's doubtful that th i387 version makes a difference.
I'm using your run of the mill compiled C libm.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== So you know what, Mikey?  Go to bed.