Subject: Re: Installing Boot record?
To: Michael C. Richardson <>
From: Baw <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/1997 08:09:22
On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Michael C. Richardson wrote:

>   Did you have a DOS partition table on the disk? If yes, does it
> start at cylinder 0? If not, then NetBSD put its boot record at the
> beginning of the NetBSD partition, rather than in block 0. You would
> need a boot selector, or you need to nuke your DOS partition table and
> reinstall.

	Yes, I think that's my problem. I'm trying to share a harddisk
between NetBSD and Linux, and assigned NetBSD's partition to start from
cylinder 1 instead. I'm thinking of using LILO as boot selector. Any
comment on how that can be done cleanly will be much appreciated (I
really hope this can be done).

	Thanks in advance.