Subject: Re: Release cycles (Was: Re: RealAudio)
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/1997 18:34:32
On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> If some of the release engineers don't really want to stay on for 1.3.1,
> maybe we draft replacements.

That would make a pretty big difference. Someone dedicated just to
doing release work would take a big load off the portmasters.

> 2) What would it take for us to develop a NetBSD-stable, a la FreeBSD?

I'm not really sure how viable an option this is. I've been
considering this for a year or two now, but apparently the FreeBSD
folks didn't find it as easy as it looks.

I think it's probably better just to concentrate on getting a real
release out 3 times per year.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates