Subject: Re: NetBSD improvements WAS Re: RealAudio
To: Ted Lemon <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/1997 17:49:19
On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Ted Lemon wrote:

> Almost certainly.   The problem is that we probably can't make a
> multi-architecture CD from which it's possible to _install_ NetBSD.

Why not? The OpenBSD CD will boot on i386, alpha, sun and ARC
systems.  If we distribute as a two-disk set, that means we should
be able to boot directly off CDs on at least five architectures,
maybe more. (I have a suspicion that one could create a common boot
CD for Alpha and VAX, too.)

Curt Sampson	   Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates