Subject: Re: Package System Oddness...?
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/1997 17:16:55
On 11/9/97 at 7:40 PM +0000, you wrote:

> What's the problem? The fix is include in the error message. Copy the
> file "BSD.pkg.dist" from "/usr/src/etc/mtree" to "/etc/mtree" and
> everything will work fine.

Hm. It might be worthwhile including /usr/src/etc/mtree/BSD.pkg.dist in the
package system sup collection for folks (myself included) who don't keep
full source code around.

Out of curiousity, does BSD.pkg.dist define ${PREFIX}? I can't seem to find
where that's initially defined... I guess I'll go snag a copy.

Argh. I can't find /usr/src/*. I see usr.bin and usr.sbin directories on, but nothing even remotely like usr.src.etc. (I'm looking in
/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/... Is there somewhere else I'd ought to
look? And *is* BSD.pkg.dist different from NetBSD.dist?)

Thanks in advance for the information.

Mason Loring
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments
 dropped from day's caravan."--Rabindranath Tagore...awake ? sleep : dream;