Subject: Makefile updates [was Re: libc Makefile oddity]
To: Brad Spencer <>
From: Luke Mewburn <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/1997 10:50:14
Brad Spencer writes:
> A sup as of 11/8, anyone else see this sort of thing:
> % cd /usr/src/lib/libc
> % make depend
> make: don't know how to make Lint_Ovfork.c. Stop
> [I noticed a bunch of Makefile updates in the sup]

I've  been updating a lot of the Makefiles to incorporate some
bugfixes I made to the trunk Makefiles after the branch was made.
In general, these were:
	* changing usage of CFLAGS to CPPFLAGS and COPTS (as appropriate)
	  CPPFLAGS is for -I, -D, -U, and other cpp options
	  COPTS is for cc options (-g, -O2, -fnofoobar)
	* adding rules to ensure that parallel compiles (make -j NUM)
	  work, and don't rely upon the left to right ordering of
	  dependancy lines.