Subject: RE: AIC7XXX driver - No ???
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Gerald C. Simmons <simmons@darykon.cet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/08/1997 13:46:03
Hey great suggestion! Unfortunately, when I tried it, I got the same thing.
RATS! For a second, I thought we had it licked!

simmons@dakkon[56]%  tar --block-compress -c -v -z . > ~/home.tape &
tar (child): can't write to /dev/rst0 : Input/output error
[1]    Broken pipe            tar --block-compress -cvz . > ~/home.tape

The dictory I was tar'ing was about 300MB. I tried a much smaller directory and
it worked. What does this mean?

Doesn't work across tape boundaries?

Gerry