Subject: Pentium Bug may cause system crash
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/08/1997 15:58:10
 Forwared from a Linux group, are we vulnerable as well? See attached
source code.

-------

Hi folks,

	I'm forwarding something that was posted by a friend to the
Seattle Linux Users mailing list.  FWIW, I tried it on my vanilla P200 as
a regular user and it froze my box solid.  I'm yanking the Pent now for a
Cyrix 6x86 to see if it has the problem also.  I heard a rumor that AMD
K6's were not affected.

thanks,
-bp
--
B. James Phillippe <bryan@Terran.ORG>
UNIX, Linux, networks, C, Perl, Java, etc.