Subject: Re: Weird "make all" behavior
To: None <>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@UAccess.NET>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/1997 16:14:03
> Reading it again, I can see I wasn't clear.  What I'd like is to bring
> back the behavior from before BUILD was added (including the complete
> absence of BUILD) so that 'make all install' works.  If someone can
> get 'make all install' to work and solve the private-lib-vs.-BUILD
> problem, then more power to him; but if that doesn't happen I'd prefer
> to see BUILD Go Away.

	Well I think the thing I tried (with the make() checks) works for
non-private lib case.  Still looking at the private lib not building problem...
Anyway, it works fine with my changes without BUILD defined (which I'll shortly
make into a diff).  I'd say that it's probably better to leave in partially
working functionality, especially since someone is probably using it.
(i.e. fix the bugs, don't throw away the thing that's buggy).