Subject: Re: Weird "make all" behavior
To: None <mikel@shore.net>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@UAccess.NET>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/1997 16:14:03
> Reading it again, I can see I wasn't clear.  What I'd like is to bring
> back the behavior from before BUILD was added (including the complete
> absence of BUILD) so that 'make all install' works.  If someone can
> get 'make all install' to work and solve the private-lib-vs.-BUILD
> problem, then more power to him; but if that doesn't happen I'd prefer
> to see BUILD Go Away.

	Well I think the thing I tried (with the make() checks) works for
non-private lib case.  Still looking at the private lib not building problem...
Anyway, it works fine with my changes without BUILD defined (which I'll shortly
make into a diff).  I'd say that it's probably better to leave in partially
working functionality, especially since someone is probably using it.
(i.e. fix the bugs, don't throw away the thing that's buggy).

eric
haszlaki@uiuc.edu