Subject: Re: mirror question
To: None <dg@root.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/1997 10:08:27
> >I asked this on netbsd-help, but it appears to have fallen upon deaf ears...
> >
> >I'm about to start mirroring ftp.netbsd.org again here at work, and I'm
> >wondering if anybody knows about how much disk a full mirror eats now?
>
> [wcarchive:NetBSD] pwd
> /archive/.28/NetBSD
> [wcarchive:NetBSD] du -k -s .
> 3656039 .
>
>    ...so about 3.7GB.

That's kind of odd...

I just ran:

% du -sk *
168210  NetBSD-1.0
312684  NetBSD-1.1
600122  NetBSD-1.2
276716  NetBSD-1.2.1
616588  NetBSD-1.3_ALPHA
272624  NetBSD-current
2       README
2       README.export-control
613728  arch
294224  mailing-lists
34660   misc
141606  packages
952     sup

on ftp.netbsd.org, which sums to 3332118...  You guys using really big
blocks, or something?  8-)

It's worth noting that I think that some of those sets of bits (1.0
and 1.1) should be mothballed, and that it looks like there's
currently a bunch of outdated stuff in 'arch' which should go away.
("isn't there always?"  Well, yes, and once the release is done and
people start building -current snapshots, it'll fill up again.  8-)

cgd