Subject: Re: color
To: Tom T. Thai <>
From: Julian Coleman <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/1997 16:21:58
Tom T. Thai wrote:
> for some reason, I can't compile any program like lynx, dmsh, etc.. to
> correctly show bold, underline, reverse, etc on NetBSD1.2g. I've tested
> this on Suns and all the rendering are correct under SunOS but not NetBSD.

That's because the NetBSD curses library only supports standout.  I found it
very annoying, so I modified libcurses.  See lib/3981 for a (suggested)
addition to libcurses to add attribute handling.  Alternatively, mail me for
the patch (I can also provide (trivial) patches to lynx to use the new calls).

PS.  The original patch was for 1.2.1, it worked with current about 2 months
ago but I haven't had time to check it against 1.3alpha.

PPS.  Brett Lymn also did some work on the input side at the same time, but
lynx only needs the output side stuff.

    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA