Subject: 1.3_ALPHA/mac68k success
To: Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/1997 22:38:17
Well... I compiled a kernel yesterday, and untarred a snapshot today.
Everything is working like a charm, so far. (This is on a Mac SE/30, 68030,
eight megs of RAM, tight disk space, etc.)

Wins:

1) I can reboot properly now, without freezing at the very end of the
world. I haven't tried a generic kernel yet, but since other custom kernels
with random sizes have had that problem in the past, I guess someone fixed
it. :)

2) It looks like sendmail is up to 8.8.7 in the regular release now...
Cool. I was prepared to recompile and reinstall, but I guess I don't have
to, now. What version of Taylor UUCP are we running by default? I saved my
uucp-related binaries and slapped them back in place without checking, so
I'm not sure what's there. Just curious.

3) The new chat seems to work properly. The last time I installed a
snapshot (early October) the chat was broken. It's not now.

All in all, everything looks good! It seems like things are (in total) ten
megs bigger than they used to be, but that's to be expected, I guess. I'm
sure none of this is news to anyone, but I just wanted to chime in with a
bit of positive news.

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments