Subject: NetBSD CD (was: Re: RealAudio)
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/1997 10:14:55
On Tue, Nov 04, 1997 at 06:24:12PM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > Perhaps when those CDs are sold a little higher than what is required to
> > pay the manufacturing cost, even some hardware could be bought (e.g. more
> > disk for the webserver).
>
> That'd be a bit difficult to enforce as I doubt the NetBSD foundation is
> in a position to get into world-wide CD distributions. I'm not a member of
> Core, so I'm not sure. But I doubt it.

Yes clear. But I think TNF could get/do an agreement with one or more
CDrom producers/distributors as e.g. Walnut Creek that they do the
thing and TNF gets some money.

> A more direct thing would be for people to just give $$ to the NetBSD
> Foundation. I don't know how it relates to international tax law, but TNF

I think this would be problematic on an international scale.

> My vote'd be for a mail server seperate from cvs/gnats.netbsd.org, or in
> parallel. But more disk'd be good. SCSI disks are running $100/GB or so,
> internal. :-)

Yes or somethign like this. The disk came to mind as I saw it in
another mail.

 Heiko

--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
Bloss weil Du den Source von Deinem Betriebssystem hast, entbindet