Subject: Re: Fix so that "make cleandir" in src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb works
To: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/1997 09:37:49
On Tue Nov  4 19:07:09 1997, Alistair Crooks wrote:

> I'm almost ashamed at the following ugly hack which allows a "make
> clean" or a "make cleandir" in src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb work, which is why
> this isn't send-pr'd.  Could someone please steal my work and submit it
> as theirs? (From yesterday's sup, Nov 3rd 1997)

src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb> make cleandir
rm -f a.out [Ee]rrs mklog core *.core  gdb init.o main.o [..]

This works fine here.

I think your problem is that you use obj dirs and therefore sup couldn't
delete the src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/gdb subdirectory because there is an obj
dir or link in it.

A previous version of gdb had subdirectories under src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb,
but the new version gets the source files form src/gnu/dist.

Bernd