Subject: Something completely different....
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/1997 20:46:06
I've been playing around with apcupsd (from Linux) for the past couple
of days, and I have a few things to 'report'.

1)  I have the program compiled into a state where it will run and lay
about in the background, exactly as it should.  I haven't built the
appropriate cable yet, but that's just a matter of getting the iron hot.

2)  While trying to link this, I found that I could link the program
'static' but not using the shared libraries.  THinking I had a sup
problem, I reloaded the source for all of the stat() functions.
Specifically, the problem was that '__stat13()' function was not found
on the shared library but was available in the '.a' lib.  This is
probably a problem at my end, although I thought I saw something about
it earlier last week.  I've recompiled and re-installed everything in
the system.

3)  Has anyone already built a version of this program that we know
works already?  While it's been a fun little project, I'm not convinced
reinventing this wheel will be in my best interest.  If no one has, I'll
be glad to work on it and get it into the packages.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom