Subject: Re: N. logo doesn't have to be cute ?
To: Jukka Marin , Dustin Sallings <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Ask Dr. Stupid <email@example.com>
Date: 11/03/1997 21:48:47
Jukka Marin sez:
* On Mon, Nov 03, 1997 at 08:09:46AM -0800, Dustin Sallings wrote:
* > > Err, in this part of the world, a daemon (demon) is always bad, trying
* > > to harm people. The opposite is (I guess) an angel who protects people,
* > > understands them etc.
Bah. That's the puk^Hritans for you, but I suppose that's neither here
nor there (actually, the problem is that they are here AND there!)...
* And who's the master of the demons? ;-) I don't want my computers being
* possessed by the devil..
Too late, even more so if you have pored over the oddly disturbing
ichor known as Windows.
* Sure, the BSD daemon looks innocent, but still..
* Have we all got this much spare time? :-)
``Yes.'' Well, except for the release engineering team, that is...
If you can't interrupt it, terminate it.
If you can't terminate it, kill it.
If you can't kill it, reboot. --firstname.lastname@example.org